Dr. Vigneshwara Varmudy
Dr. Vigneshwara Varmudy has an outstanding academic career. He did his M.A Economics from Mangalore University and became a full time research scholar (First in the Dept of Economics) at Mangalore University. He did his Ph.d., On “Weekly village Markets and Rural Development-A case Study of D.K District” in 1989. In between 1982-87 he taught to M.A (Economics) students in the Mangalore University.
Dr.Varmudy joined Vivekananda College Puttur in 1988 and now he is an Associated Professor in the department of Economics. He was an elected Academic Council member of the Mangalore University during 1998-2001 along with this he was also an Advisory committee member of the SBI Chair on Rural Development at Mangalore University during 1998-2001.
Dr.Varmudy is a visiting faculty at CMR Center for Business Studies, Bangalore and other P.G Centers in Karnataka state. He is specialized in Agriculture and International Economics.
He is a recognized M.Phil. And Ph.D., Guide in MAHE, PUNE, Annamalai and Hampi Universities. He has guided for several MBA, M.Phil. And Ph.D., Students. Dr.Varmudy is a member of the Research Board of Advisors, ABI, U.S.A since 2001.
Publications in English: (Books)
He has authored 06 English Reference books. The following books are accepted as reference books for P.G. And Research students in the following universities at India and abroad.
1) Marketing of spices, (2) Marketing of Vegetables and (3) Plantation crops-Past, Present and Future.
A) University of Minnesota -U. S. A
B) Clemson University-U.S.A
C) Middlesex University- U.K
D) University of Houston-Texas, U.S.A
E) University of Guyana- West Indies
F) University of Ruhana- Srilanka
G) Indian council of Agricultural Research- New Delhi
H) Government of India – Ministry of Agriculture
I) C C S HAU – Hissar
J) Kerala Agricultural University –Kerala
K) Dr.B.R Ambedkar University- Agra
L) Sikkim University- Sikkim
M) Maharana Pratap-Udaipur Rajasthan
N) University of Agricultural Sciences –Dharawad
O) Amity University Rajasthan.
P) University of OHIO,USA
4) Export and Import at Sikkim Manipal University
5) Future of Arecanut-CAMPCO-2009.
6) Dynamics of population change 2001 Shipra publishers Delhi.
Publications in Kannada:( Books)
1) Dakshina Kannadalli varada Santhegalu-1990
2) Adike Marukatte Andu,Indu,Mundu-2001
3) Vanillada Bhavishya -2002
4) Aaushadiya Sasyagalu Krishi Mattu Marukatte-2003
6) Dwithiya Hantada Hasirukranti-2004
7) Belakina Patadalli-vol-1-2004
8) Belakina Patadalli-vol-2-2004
9) Krishiyutpannada Beleyalleke Yerilitha-2004
12) Puttur Taluk-Ithihasa Darpana-2005
13) Krishi Mattu Hynugarike-2010.
Contributions to Edited Books:
1) Emerging Issues in Marketing -1993-Kitab Mahal ,Allahabad.
2) Privatisation of banks in India-2002,Corporation Bank Chair In Bank Management, Mangalore University.
3) National Workshop on Arecanut-Souvenir-2004,CPCRI VITTAL.
4) Karavali Karnataka Arthavyavaste-2009 Mangala publications Mangalore.
5) Agricultural marketing in India-Directions for development 2012-D.K Publishes New Delhi. 6) Demographic Transition in India, Diverse Perspectives 2012-Prasaranga, Tumkur university. 7) Demographic Dividend For India-A STEP Forward-2012 Global Research Publications, New Delhi.
8) Urbanization and Economic Transformation –Issues and Challenges -2012- Global Research Publications, New Delhi.
9) Healthcare-A Specter of perspective -2012, Serials Publications, New Delhi.
10) European Union in changing International order-2013 Kaveri Books, New Delhi.
11) Sahakara Deepika-Seminar Souvenir-2013 ,Sri Dhavala College, Moodabidre.
12) Rudrakashi -2013
Editor of Souvenirs:
1) Samanvaya-2003, SCDCC BANK MANGALORE
2) Shatakabarana-2004 ,VC Puttur
3) Shatasambrama-2009, Puttur T.C BANK
Research Papers Publication in English:
Dr.Varmudy has published more than 200 research papers in Indexed, Peer reviewed National and International Journals of repute like YOJANA, INDIAN JOURNAL OF MARKETING, THE COOPERATIVE REVIEW, BUSINESS AND ECONOMIC FACTS FOR YOU, SOUTHERN ECONOMIST, SPICE INDIA, INDIAN COCOA, ARECANUT AND SPICES JOURNAL, ALIVE etc., and News papers like Financial Express, Deccan Herald, The New Indian Express, The Hindu, The Hindu Business line etc.,
Research Papers Publication in Kannada:
He has published more than 1000 research articles in Journals like YOJANA,NIRANTARA, NUTANA, MANJUVANI,MUKTA ADYANA, SAHAKARI and in reputed Kannada dailies like UDAYAVANI,VIJAYA KARNATAKA, KANNADA PRABHA, PRAJAVANI, HOSADIGANTHA, VIJAYAVANI, SAMYUKTA KARNATAKA, MUNGARU, JANAVAHINI, SUDDI BIDUGADE etc.,
Research Papers Citation in International Institutions:
Dr.Varmudy’s research papers are cited in FAO of the UNO,ROME,ITALY,National Research Council of CANADA, Changu Christian Hospital, China, etc.,
Research Papers Citation in India:
His research papers are cited by The Honorable High Court of Karnataka while giving an historic Judgment on APMC In 2002. Apart from this The Parliamentary Documentation of the Lokha Sabaha has cited 06 research papers since 2011 up to 2013.
Research Papers Citation in Indexed International Journals of Repute:
Dr.Varmudy’s Published research papers are cited by Several authors in International peer reviewed Journals like VIRUS RESEARCH, VIRUS GENES, JOURNAL OF ANIMAL AND PLANT SCIENCES, RATARSTVO, ASIA-PACIFIC JOURNAL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, JOURNAL OF HORTICULTURAL SCIENCES, RESEARCHERS WORLD-JOURNAL OF ARTS, SCIENCE AND COMMERCE ,INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ECONOMICS, COMMERCE AND RESEARCH , IOSR JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES, TOXICOLOGY AND FOOD TECHNOLOGY, ACCOUNTANTS BROWSERS, INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH , INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT, INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCE INVENTION, RADIX INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RESEARCH IN SOCIAL SCIENCE, ASIAN JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT etc.
Reference Books Citation : (English)
His scholarly books are referred by the MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE , GOVT OF INDIA AND Also by Several Ph.D., Scholars. His research papers are also cited in several reference books authored by others.
Books in Online Libraries:
Dr.Varmudy’s books are displayed in Google library, Ohio International On-line library Centre U.S.A, VIAF etc., and Kanaja for Kannada books.
Citations in Website:
His publications and other works are cited in Google under the following heads:
b) VIGNESHWARA VARMUDY
c) Dr.VIGNESHWARA VARMUDY
d) Arecanut Varmudy
f) VARMUDY in Global Journals
g) Varmudy in Foreign Universities
h) Varmudy in Parliamentary documentation
Citation in Google Scholar:
Dr.Varmudy’s research papers published in reputed Journals are considered as scholarly literature, hence they are cited in Google Scholar and Google library under (a) Varmudi (b) varmudy and (c) Vigneshwara.V
Citation by other websites:
His research papers are considered as important documents by several sites in web and are displayed in (a) w.w.w contify (b)w.w.w Docstoc (c) Agmarket nic.in (d) w.w.w imarks webs.com (e) w.w.w connection.ebscohost.com (f) w.w.w scribd (g) w.w.w agiapdf search.com (h) does files.com (i) w.w.w shodhganga.infibnet.ac.in (j)w.w.w indiakanoon.org (k) w.w.w slideshare.net (l) w.w.w edoqcs.com (m) w.w.w pdf search .asia (n) w.w.w outside 24 pressdisplay.com (o) w.w.w angish pdf (p) w.w.w cad direct (q) w.w.w amazon .com (r) w.w.w flipkart.com (s) w.w.w ready e-commerce etc.,
He is a state level recognized resource person for Co-operative Institutions since 2003.
Seminars organized and paper presentation:
Dr.Varmudy has organized several International, National and State level Seminars and published books on these. He has presented more than 600 research papers in International National and State level Conferences since 1982.
Community Development Projects Undertaken:
He has prepared several reports on the problems of agriculturists both in Karnataka and Kerala States. These reports are submitted to the respective governments. These governments have taken necessary steps. Since 2007 up to 2012. He has been invited by the government of Karnataka to discuss issues related to agricultural sector and he is a honorary advisor to CAMPCO, MASS , SCDCC Bank and AIAG Association since 2001. His reports are included in Ratinam Committee report of Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India. and for other reports Prime Minister’s office and Commerce Ministry has responded positively.
Recognitions and Awards:
He has received several prestigious awards both from India and Abroad like Renowned Agricultural Economist by Akhila Havyaka Parishad, Vidya Ratna Award by TEHEG DELHI, Shikshana Ratna Award by IISER(R) NEW DELHI, Recognition from ABI, Washington,U.S.A, IBC,CAMBRIDGE, England etc., Since 2001
(1) Regular contributor to an international journal-Business Economic Facts FOR YOU –ISSN 0970-2652 SINCE 1987.
(2) Regular contributor to Udayavani –Kannada Daily.
(3) Given talks in Akashavani (AIR).
(4) Participated in several programs in ETV, UDAYA TV, SAHARA TV , TV 9 , SUVARNA TV , etc.,
(5) Member, Janatha education socity Adyanadka.
(6) Advisor , to All India Areca Growers Association, MASS, CAMPCO, DCC BANK MANGALORE.
(7) MEMBER, BOE And BOS at SDM COLLEGE UJIRE