A student is admitted to the Post Graduate degree course if he/she has passed the Three Year Degree Examination conducted by any one of the Universities established under the U.G.C Act or any other examination considered equivalent by the Mangalore University.However,those who seek admission to M.Sc should have studied the respective subjects at the U.G. level and those who seek admission to M.Com. should have studied B.Com or B.B.M. (45% in aggregate excluding languages)
* For M.A. (45% in aggregate excluding languages) in any Degree.
Students seeking admission to the M.Sc. or M.Com. course should submit theduly filled in Application Form along with the prescribed Registration Fee within the date notified on the college notice board. A certified copy of the Marks list of the qualifying examination should also be attached. Those who are provisionally selected for admission will be called for an interview by the Principal / Interview Board and their names will be displayed on the college notice board. Candidates are advised to personally check the list thus displayed, as the college will not take the responsibility for the non-receipt of the intimation card for the interview. Students referred by the University / Government for admission to seats belonging to Government Quota must submit the official order for admission along with all original documents listed above, with the (college) copy of receipt of payment of fees, in person. None the less, they too must submit a duly filled-up prescribed application from the college, finalizing the formalities for admission to Vivekananda College.
The following certificates / items have to be submitted at the time of interview :
- Marks Card of the qualifying examination.
- Photostat copy of the S.S.L.C. Marks Card.
- Transfer Certificate and Conduct Certificate issued by the institution last attended.
- Eligibility Certificate from the Mangalore University in the case of students who have
- passed the qualifying examination other than the one conducted by Mangalore
- Migration Certificate in the case of students coming from other Universities or other States.
- Income Certificate (if claiming any fee-concession for income below Rs. 44,500) issued by the Revenue Authority of Karnataka.
- Passport-size photo – (1 copy) & stamp size photos – (3 copies)
- Caste Certificate (for a seat under Reservation Category) issued by the Revenu Authority of Karnataka State.
- Selected students should pay the prescribed fees on or before the date fixed by the Admission Committee / Principal. Otherwise the seat is going to be allotted to the next eligible candidate.
- All admissions are only provisional until approved by the Mangalore University.
- Admissions are strictly on the basis of merit and Reservation Policy of the Govt/
- Students are required to seek re-admission to the subsequent academic year.
- Students who wish to stay in the privately-run hostels are required to inform the college authorities.
- Hostel facilities are available (limited seats only) for both boys and girls in the college
- Students are required to attend at least 75% of classes in each subject as per the University Regulations. Those who have shortage of attendance are ineligible to take University Examinations.
- Students are not permitted to bring mobile phones into the classes or corridors. Those who bring the cell phones into the campus must deposit it in the Mobile lockers fixed at the college entrance.
- Students should strictly follow the dress code prescribed by the college authorities and not wear any other outfits than uniforms inside the campus on working days.