A student is admitted to a Degree Course if he/she has passed Two-Year Pre-University Examination conducted by Karnataka PU Board or any other examination considered equivalent by Mangalore University. However, those who seek admission to BSc Degree should have studied the respective subjects (exceptions being Computer Science and Electronics) and those who seek admission to BCom should have studied Business Studies and Accountancy at the PU level.
The number of students admitted to First year Degree in this academic year is- First year 567, bringing the total no. of students studying in the college in degree classes (i.e. BA, BSc, BCom, BBA, BCA,) to 1850.
A student is admitted to a degree course if he/she has passed the Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by the Karnataka PU Board or any other examination considered equivalent by the Mangalore University. However, those who seek admission to B.Sc. should have studied the respective subjects at the PU level and those who seek admission to BCom should have studied business studies and Accountancy. For BCA, a minimum 40% marks in the qualifying examination is required as per the University norms.
Students seeking admission to the BA / BSc / BCom / BBA/ BCA course should submit the duly filled in application form along with the prescribed registration fee within the date notified on the college notice board & in College website. A certified copy of the Marks list of the qualifying examination should also be attached. Those who are provisionally selected for admission will be called for an interview by the Principal / Interview Board and their names will be displayed on the college notice board. Candidates are advised to personally check the list thus displayed, as the college will not take the responsibility for the non-receipt of the intimation card for the interview. Father, mother or the guardian (if the parents are not alive) must necessarily accompany the student at the time of interview.
Admissions are made according to the Reservation policy adopted by the Government of Karnataka as under (as per the present rules)
SC – 15% Category I – 04% Category III A – 04%
ST- 03% Category II A – 15% Category III B – 05%
Category II B – 04%
The following certificates/items have to be submitted at the time of interview :
- Marks card of the qualifying examination.
- Photostat copy of the SSLC marks card.
- Transfer Certificate and Conduct Certificate issued by the institution last attended.
- Eligibility certificate from the Mangalore University in the case of students who have passed the qualifying examination other than the one conducted by the Karnataka PU Board.
- Migration Certificate in the case of students coming from other Universities or other states.
- Income certificate (if claiming any fee-concession for income below Rs. 1 lakh) issued by the Revenue Authority of Karnataka.
- Passport-size photo – (1 copy) & stamp size photos – (3 copies)
- Caste certificate (for a seat under Reservation Category) issued by the Revenue Authority of Karnataka State.
- Students seeking admission to BBA and BCA preferably should come from Commerce and Science streams respectively although others also can apply.
- Students coming from outside Karnataka should obtain Eligibility Certificate from Mangalore University.
- Merit is not the only criteria for admission as the institution is required to conform to Government and University Regulations on Reservation Quota.
- As of now, there are no Entrance Exams for admission to any one of these courses. The institution reserves the right to conduct one if such a need should arise in future. However, personal interview (along with the wards Parents) is mandatory for admissions.
- The applicants are advised to wait for Notification on Admissions made in the beginning of every Academic year and take note of the last dates of Registration, Provisional Admission and opening of the classes, though for general enquiry one may contact the College office/Principal on phone at any time.